We’ve given the green light to some great new initiatives
As we continue to focus on reducing our greenhouse emissions, reducing our energy consumption and reducing our water usage we have implemented many infrastructure improvements across our estate. Here are some of the initiatives we’re undertaking:
- LED PIR lighting is standard in all our new build depots
- Chepstow is the first of our new sites to have solar panels installed on the roof
- Wakefield has EcoBay solar powered door controllers
- Sun tubes in our telesales area bring in natural daylight to reduce energy demands
- We’ve had new energy efficiency systems installed at 22 of our sites and these will help reduce our carbon emissions by 13,000 tonnes of CO2
- We’re trailing bore holes to reduce water use at our Nottingham depot
Below, Head of Facilities, Simon Hardy, explains all about the new energy efficiency systems we’ve had installed.
It’s not just about the systems and here Simon talks about the reporting, sharing best practice and the people.